The Progressive Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exhibition kicks off this week
The 2020 ProgressiveÂ® Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exhibition returns to Suffern, NY’s Rockland Community College from Thursday February 27 through Sunday March 1. The annual event will feature over 250 vendors and sales on new boats, products, charters and outfitter reservations for fishing, hunting and travel. The fair also hosts the most comprehensive seminar program in the region led by recognized local and national experts.
âIt’s your one-stop-shop for discovering and refueling everything you need for your next adventure,â said Tod Alberto, director of the show. âWith an incredible range of seminars and the presence of some of the industry’s most elite anglers and sportsmen, entertainment enthusiasts have the unique opportunity to hone the skills needed for a wide variety of outdoor recreation.â
Some of the biggest names in the outdoor industry are set to provide instruction at this year’s event, including Brandon Palaniuk, Oliver Ngy, James Watson, Shaw Grigsby and more. The seminars will cover a range of topics including saltwater fishing, fishing, hunting, deer tracking, working with hunting dogs and big game hunting.
Speakers and highlights from the 2020 Progressive Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition seminar include:
- Brandon palaniuk – âThe Prodigy,â Brandon is one of the most popular anglers on the Professional Bass Fishing Tournament Trail today. Named 2017 Fisherman of the Year, Brandon is a National Federation Champion with 15 top 10 rankings, including four in the top five BASS Elite in 2017 alone on the Bassmaster Elite trails.
- Olivier Ngy – A self-taught fisherman from Southern California, Oliver has become a familiar face on the bass scene and is renowned for catching monster fish.
- James watson – The quick-witted real estate mogul and former U.S. Army drill sergeant used his success in selling real estate to fuel his passion for fishing and his transition to a career as a professional fisherman. From a victory at the BASS Open at the Bassmaster Classic to a gold medal at the 2018 Black Bass Championships as a member of the US Bass team, Watson promotes fishing globally and can be found fishing. Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour and FLW Costa Series. .
- Shaw grigsby – With over 35 years of professional fishing experience and nine top spots in 350 tournaments, Shaw is one of the most recognizable and popular fishing professionals in the world. He was elected to the BASS Fishing Hall of Fame in 2017 and hosted âAnother casting with Shaw Grigsby“for more than two decades.
- Additional speakers include Captain Shamus Mara (saltwater fishing), Captain Peter Bacon (saltwater fishing), Peter Fiduccia (hunt), Captain Paul Kross (saltwater fishing, travel planning in Costa Rica), Mark McQuown (saltwater and freshwater fishing), The Salerno brothers (hunt), Randy Flannery (hunt), Mike and Jen Wagner (hunting dogs), Jim Freda (saltwater fishing), Kate fiduccia (culinary) and Frikkie Du Toit (trophy hunt).
- Salt water super day: Saturday will feature an ongoing series of saltwater seminars by some of the Northeast’s top saltwater anglers.
- Superday of the white tail: Sunday’s show will feature an ongoing series of white-tailed deer seminars by some of the area’s top deer hunters, covering tracking and stalking tactics for a successful hunting season.
Additional highlights of the Outdoor Expo 2020 include:
- The Hawg trough: Discover the 5,000 gallon aquarium filled with monster largemouth bass! The country’s top pros will showcase the latest (and most proven) lures – the best way to see how a lure works in the water is to see it firsthand.
- Live Birds of Prey Exhibition: From Friday to Sunday only, get a close look at live birds of prey and learn about the awesome adaptations and behaviors of these remarkable animals. Experts will be on hand to discuss conservation issues that affect them and how to make a difference.
- Fishing simulator: Fun for anglers of all ages, show-goers can spend the day rolling up their sleeves, grabbing the rod and hooking up to hook a big one to the realistic fishing simulator.
- Family Day – Sunday March 1: The first 100 children aged 11 and under to arrive will receive a free rod and reel upon entry and all will receive completely free entry into the exhibit. Once inside, they can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist gives the opportunity to visit the grand prize distribution booth.
- Rod’s Go Free – Thursday February 27: Since it is difficult to go fishing without a ârod,â anyone named Rod, or variations of it, will receive free entry with valid ID. Winning âRodsâ are encouraged to use the #RodsFishFree hashtag to celebrate on social media.
Tickets are on sale now at https://suffern.sportshows.com/.