It’s worth it | ‘Call Of The Wild: The Angler’ is an open-world fishing game coming to PC later this year
Embark on a journey to become a master fisherman on your own terms in Call of the Wild: The Angler.
Explore the captivating wilderness filled with surprises, hunt for elusive trophy fish, or relax and have fun alone or with friends in co-op.
The world of Call of the Wild: The Angler is full of spectacular fishing spots and breathtaking environments, which can be explored on foot, by all-terrain vehicle or by boat through an extensive network of waterways. Travel the living, breathing world at your own pace and discover winding rivers, majestic alpine peaks, turquoise springs, epic hiking trails and hidden ponds. Pass charming outposts and soaring watchtowers as you set out for a relaxing night of fishing on the lake, or beat the sunrise for a chance to catch that elusive catch.
Whether you’re battling ferocious largemouth bass or mountain whitefish, Call of the Wild: The Angler’s intuitive casting system delivers an engaging and immersive fishing experience. Each species has its own unique behavior and characteristics, and will require you to carefully counter their movements as you reel them in. Combined with a system that realistically simulates water temperatures, depths, elevation, and more. to determine where the fish populations will be, each catch becomes a lasting memory.
Learn and master different fishing techniques and adapt your strategy to achieve the most impressive catches. Use a wide range of rods and customize them with an ever-growing selection of reels, lines, floats, hooks, lures and baits. Build your collection of equipment and gear and take on the biggest fishing challenges. Your road to mastery starts now.
Call of the Wild: The Angler will continue to grow and evolve with free and paid content being released regularly. Come back for new fishing experiences and memorable catches!
“Call of the Wild: The Angler represents a new take on our team that goes beyond what you’d expect from a fishing game in so many fun ways. Whether you love the thrill of sports or the quiet joy of exploring the outdoors, this is a great experience to enjoy alone or share with friends,” said Paul Rustchynsky, Game Director at Expansive Worlds.
“With the incredible success of theHunter: The Call of the Wildwe have mastered the art of creating a world-class experience that captures the authenticity and natural beauty of the outdoors. Call of the Wild: The Angler allows us to develop our expertise even further, delivering our vision of gender-defying fishing and pursuing our long-term strategy to be leaders in the outdoor genre. We couldn’t be more excited to bring it to players around the world later this year,” said Expansive Worlds General Manager Samuel Peterson.
Join the team on Wednesday, June 22 at 4:00 p.m. CEST / 10:00 a.m. EDT for a Q&A on the game at twitch.tv/expansiveworlds.
- Explore an atmospheric open world: Discover breathtaking fishing spots on vast waterways by foot, boat or off-road vehicle. Traverse a living world at your own pace, discovering winding rivers, soaring peaks, hidden ponds and springs, and epic hiking trails.
- Experience the real thrill of freshwater fishing: Face fierce largemouth bass, mountain whitefish and more in an engaging and accessible fishing experience. Each species has its own unique behavior, requiring you to carefully counter their movements to reel them in.
- Become a master fisherman: Learn expert techniques and adapt your strategy to land the toughest catches. Build your gear collection and use a wide range of rods, fully customizable with a growing selection of reels, lines, floats, hooks, lures and baits.
- Play solo or with friends: Sail the open waters alone or share the journey with friends in online drop-in co-op multiplayer for up to 12 players. Team up with other anglers and go on unforgettable trips together!
- Enjoy an evolving stream of new content: Call of the Wild: The Angler will continue to deliver memorable new fishing experiences with regular post-launch content updates.
Play alone or with friends in online co-op with up to 12 players when Call of the Wild: The Angler hit PC (Steam/Microsoft Store/Epic Games Store) later this year, with consoles to follow.
More articles on Call of the Wild: The Angler